Dr. Michael Berry
Our work &
The clinical approach Michael uses is humanistic and integrative, meaning that he takes a highly compassionate, down-to-earth approach, using humour, warmth, and evidence-based practices to help his clients.
Overview of Services
Group Therapy M
Group Therapy D
What is Clinical Psychology all about, anyway?
There’s nothing quite like clinical psychology. With your psychologist, you will have the opportunity to talk about the issues that matter to you most. For many people, these topics include:
- mental health disorders, like PTSD and OCD
- addictions (both substance addictions and addictions to behaviours, like video gaming or gambling)
- mood and anxiety difficulties
- stressors in your day-to-day life
- problems at work/school
- difficulties in interpersonal relationships, and
- behaviours and habits that you want to change.
Just talking these things through with a non-judgmental, trained professional can be powerfully transformative! A clinical psychologist is first and foremost an excellent listener!A skilful psychologist will do more than just listen, though. Your psychologist will also help you think about your life and your experiences from a different angle, and help you to:
- reduce painful feelings and
- gain mastery and meaning in your life.
Additionally, your psychologist will help you develop skills and tools to manage challenging aspects of your life (including your own emotions).
- individual (one-on-one) psychotherapy,
- couple counselling
- sex therapy (i.e. therapy for a variety of sexual issues, including sexual dysfunction, interpersonal challenges, and sexual identity)
- group therapy programs, and
- consultation and supervision for mental health professionals
3994 Shelbourne Street (Suite #208)
Victoria, BC, V8N 3E2